SUPPORT FOR MIGRANTS IN USING ESSENTIAL SOCIAL SERVICES AND THEIR INTEGRATION INTO THE LABOUR MARKET
NAVI-MIG is born as a programme for the integration of recently arrived immigrants, a successful integration is essential for our common good, our society and our economy. Immigrants can serve as a reactivation for the rural sector or to face the current demographic challenge. They are at high risk of social exclusion, especially in terms of social services, education, access to health care or access to decent housing or employment. Once integrated, they can help improve the functioning of the labour market as well as fiscal stability.
Successful inclusion begins with enabling newly arrived migrants to access essential services and helping them to settle and orient themselves. To do this they need access to the necessary information, which must be inclusive and as accessible as possible, so accessible that they can access it on their mobile phones.
The specific objectives of the NAVI-MIGs project are:
- Ensuring movement within the new country autonomously through the application of NAVI-MIGs.
- Providing maps to people who have recently arrived (2-3 years) in order to be able to orientate themselves and move around easily through the application of NAVI-MIGs.
- Ensure access to basic public services such as integration programmes, language learning, educational programmes, etc.
- Reducing existing barriers through the services provided by the NAVI-MIGs application.
- Support and facilitate access to programmes at both local and European level through the implementation of NAVI-MIGs.
The international partnership of the project is composed of: Spain, Austria, Finland, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Estonia, Belgium.
Start date: 01.11.2021
End date: 01.05.2024