EMPOWERED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: ECOLOGICAL LIVING, CULTURAL HERITAGE AND ECONOMY
GREAT is a European project based on the family relationship with grandparents. Grandparents play a fundamental role in family relationships, they are often the ones in charge of looking after their grandchildren when parents cannot take care of them, this is a beneficial relationship for both parties, as grandparents enjoy company, which helps to avoid loneliness, lack of attention or affection.
The pandemic has caused a social distancing that has led to the break-up of this type of relationship. To avoid this, the use of technology has been used, which has made it possible to avoid this distancing.
This project seeks to facilitate the process of ageing in adulthood and help in the development of educational skills in adults as well as encouraging them to develop ways to stimulate their creativity, their lateral thinking and support them in their relationship with their grandchildren. The ultimate goal is to maintain creativity even in times of social distancing or health crisis.
Activities such as reading, writing, painting, watching films among other things can be used to support relationships even remotely, all with the aim of supporting their relationship even remotely, ensuring that they participate in their grandchildren’s education and maintain active ageing
The specific objectives of the GREAT project are:
- Educate grandparents to be able to take an active part in their education.
- To be able to be part of the family role in small communities, even if there is no family relationship.
- To certify the capacity of grandparents to support single parents, families with low economic resources…
- Strengthen the educational skills of adults over 65 or grandparents of any age.
- Stimulate adult-child relationships.
- Promote active ageing.
The international partnership of the project is composed of: Italy, Spain, Greece, Romania.
Start date: 01.11.2021
End date: 01.12.2023