Focused on the education sector, Gameducate, was born with the intention of supporting teachers in schools and institutes to develop social and pedagogical skills that help them to perform a better educational work. It also offers multimedia programs to train teachers in the digital world and provide them with tools to further assist them in their work in schools. The Kick-off meeting that marks the start of the “Gameducate” project took place on 1st December.
The following objectives were presented:
• To understand the current needs of the most innovative teaching methods and the role of technology in the partner countries.
• To improve the professional development of all teachers by providing them with new techniques in methodological and pedagogical development.
• Create a curriculum network based on a local curriculum.
• Provide a program of tools that will include digital aids and other multimedia help files.
The project implementation process will be carried out through three main activities:
- A curriculum on gamification and innovative pedagogical approaches, as well as digital technology tools in education.
- The online development and implementation of the multimedia tools program, which aims to educate about the digital world.
- Training workshops (online or face-to-face), with teachers or directors of educational institutions and other related teachers.
This proposal is intended to improve the training of teachers, not only at school level, but, thanks to the ease of adaptation of its activities, can be implemented even to professionals related to Erasmus+ programs.
The partnership includes organizations from France, Spain, Greece, Italy, Austria, Slovenia and Cyprus.
So, let’s get to it!