Promote entrepreneurship in the agro-industry sector in rural areas with a focus on crafts and local products.
As the COVID-19 pandemic spreads worldwide, the introduction of social distancing, national containments and tiered systems at national and local levels since March 2020 has hampered almost all economic activity in European countries, especially in rural areas and the countryside where the economy was already at risk.
THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT ARE:
- To strengthen the territory by increasing the dissemination of local products (both artisanal and gastronomic) in order to make them known at local and regional level, increasing productivity in rural areas.
- To promote sustainable tourism both by improving the Km0 market and the energy efficiency of businesses and by reducing waste development, thus attracting more and more responsible and conscientious tourists to the country.
- Create and strengthen a network of cooperation between local entrepreneurs, hotel owners, museums, local producers, artisans whose work can be complementary (website, marketing, handicrafts, food processing, etc.) giving them the opportunity to get to know each other better both locally and by tourists.
- Build a social environment in which adults, youth and migrants can feel integrated to avoid migration of villagers to larger cities.
- Promote entrepreneurship in rural areas through integrated digital training and the development of innovative pedagogical tools.
- It is necessary to equip participants who have invested or are interested in investing in rural areas with the necessary e-skills, management, financing, distribution and communication skills, thus contributing to the sustainable development of rural areas.
The partnership of this project is composed of ASOCIACIÓN PARA EL DESARROLLO RURAL INTEGRAL DE LAS TIERRAS DE JILOCA Y GALLOCANTA (SP), SBTC DANISMANLIK (Turkey), Gestión Estratégica e Innovación SL (SP), UpYouth – Associação (Portugal), Exeo Lab Srl ( Italy), Dione Youth Organisation (Cyprus), Idea For Life (Poland).
Acronym: RURAL JUMP-START
Start date: 01-11-2021
End date: 01-11-2023